OPEN CALL FOR LOCAL ORGANIZING COMMITTEE – EUROPEAN SUMMER SCHOOL IN RESOURCE AND ENVIRONMENTAL ECONOMICS FROM YEAR 2021 ONWARDS
Call for Expressions of Interest
Deadline: November 15th, 2019
The European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (EAERE) solicits proposals for the Organising Committee for its series of “European Summer School in Resource and Environmental Economics” to be run from 2021 onwards. An overview of the Summer School series is available here.
Universities, research organisations, or groups of organisations that intend to propose their candidature are kindly requested to submit their expressions of interest by November 15th, 2019.
Expressions of interest consist of:
(1) a formal letter stating that the candidate will assume all the administrative, organisational and financial responsibilities related to the School;
(2) a clear indication of the years for which the expression of interest applies (es. only year 2021 or a set of years starting from 2021;
(3) a presentation of the candidate including the candidate’s relevant experience in organising similar events;
(4) a preliminary description of the Summer School(s) topics, inclusive of an abstract, names of School Coordinators, and Faculty Members;
(5) a preliminary budget for the School(s);
(6) a presentation of the Summer School location and facilities.
Expressions of interest may be accompanied by any other documentation that the candidates judge useful for the evaluation process. EAERE may ask candidates to present additional documents at a later date. They should be sent by e-mail to EAERE at the address below. Any material that cannot be sent electronically should reach EAERE by mail by the relevant deadline. Selections will be made by the EAERE Council. Proposals will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
(a) candidates’ experience;
(b) quality of location and facilities;
(c) interest of the topic for the EAERE membership;
(d) reputation of Coordinators and Faculty;
(e) budget (availability of grants for students, other sponsorships, fund-raising capacity).
A final decision is expected to be taken by February 2020.
Expressions of interest and full proposals should be sent to:
European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (EAERE)
Via della Libertà, 12 – 30175 Marghera-Venice (VE), Italy – e-mail: email@example.com